Superheroes on Indonesia’s streets unveiled

When I wander across streets in Indonesia, oftentimes, I find people that I think as superheroes. How come? Probably these pictures may describe what I think.

Credit goes to Pak Subaktyo 
Above picture is taken from a blog. As you can see, the picture shows a motorcycle fully loaded – if not overload – with things that appear to be 28 white sacks. I don’t know how much each sack weighs. But, still, it is still very dangerous! Can’t you see the driver? Yes, you can only see his legs!! Then what about him? Can he see what is on his back through side mirrors? Definitely not! Then, I suppose he has some superpower to see through the back of his head (and through the pile of the white sacks)
Retrieved from kaskus.co.id 

What about these two girls? Well it is just a common scenery you will find in various streets across in Indonesia. You will often find people riding motorcycle while texting, making a phone call or chatting through various chat messengers.

I still remember a season in Oprah, where she always asked her guest stars to sign a petition saying not to use mobile phones while driving cars. Well, Oprah, you better go to Indonesia and see what you think about these two girls (and a bunch – if not thousands – of Indonesians).

So, do the girls in the above picture have superpower? They probably don’t have it. But, they are more likely superheroes which are equipped with cool gadgets. Yes! They are Batman-typical superheroes. Gone are superpowers if you have a motorcycle which has automatic driving mode! That must be it. Can I have one too?


One night I waited a friend outside of his office in Palmerah, West Jakarta. I stopped near an electronic shop and was startled by a scene in front of my eyes. Well, I saw a man purchasing a brand new refrigerator. There was nothing exceptional until I realize his hidden superpower.

Photo by me


He rented no car to bring his refrigerator back home. But, he loaded it to his motorcycle. The last time I check, my motorcycle’s length is nearly the same as a medium size refrigerator. But, somehow, he managed to load it to his motorcycle! How awesome (or not) was it??

Did he realize that what he did would disrupt the aerodynamic design of his motorcycle? He will easily fall if suddenly a strong wind blows from either his right or left side. If I were him, then I would prefer renting a car to using my motorcycle to load that refrigerator. Unless, he is like Avatar Aang who has the power to bend air, he should feel afraid to be so careless. Oh yes, he must be an air bender in disguise. That is why he is not afraid!

Well, those are some superheroes that I find on Indonesia’s streets. Have you also encountered other types of superheroes? Share them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Bad Reviews Don’t Stop Me from Watching X-Men: Apocalypse

Movie Review | Stream of Tears in Wedding Dress

Kung Fu Panda 2 | Movie Review