Kaleidoscope: 2011 in A Blog Post

What a year! That is probably the best opening to start reviewing this year. This year is really like a roller coaster. There are ups and downs here and there throughout 2011. Well, I will not list all of the ups and downs in my life in this post, rather I will only point some events that I will never forget in my whole lifetime. Well below is a reversed list of the events.

5. Finishing Thesis

MY HOLY SKRIPSI
After one year of struggle, I finally finished my thesis by July 18, 2011. It never occurred in my mind that I would actually finished it this year. I saw my self surrounded by doubts that I could make it. These thoughts lingered in my head in the beginning of this year. What in my head was that I kept on writing this thesis, submitting to my supervisor every week, and doing my best. And somehow, it was just over! Well, to remember that I even wrote posting entitled "Skripsi .. Thesis or Whatsoever You May Call This !!" on May. Well, it is funny now reading this post! I even listed some of my obstacles. Well, I guessed I can give tips to my friends who have not finished writing i.e. JUST WRITE IT DOWN !! It is OK if u cannot make it quick enough. You know your own capability after all.


4. Graduation

American Studies 2006, four gone, four left :)
hurry up guys !!

thesis, graduation is probably one of the most memorable moment for me. Well, I got the price for having hmm well enough gpa. It is not as important as I can see the pride of my family when attending my graduation ceremony. I think I finally can make them proud by having decent gpa. Besides, I can gather with my friends! I think that is the most important point of all !! Gathering with friends in post graduation party, well it is not party since there are only three of us having dinner together hahaha.




3. SUSI ~ USA ~ Winter ~ Snow

me and the liberty lady *ho ho*
In the runner up of my kaleidoscope is my SUSI experience. Well, you know, going to USA was one of my dream since I studied American Studies. Besides, I was very much exposed to American popular culture so that I was like ... well indescribable lols.

Being in US was a dream coming true. It was great! I studied from the first class lecturers. I met new friends and host families. Well, it was really great. Of all that, I got the chance to be in snowy environment. I still remembered that our lecturers gave us free time just to enjoy the falling snow after knowing that it was our very first experience with snow thingy.

It is one of my invaluable experience. Therefore, I want to thank US Department of State and US Embassy for giving me this chance. I hope I can make use the knowledge I got for the betterment of Indonesia through my career.

If you are interested to read my experiences there you can simply browse my postings with labels SUSI

2. Entering 'the Real World' ~ Interview with the Jakarta Post's Chief Editor

It is another follow up of the post finishing thesis point. Well, I always say that you never really enter reality when you are still whether in schools or colleges. Your life is still having clear purpose i.e. study! But what will you do after that? Becoming unemployed for almost 4 months make me realize that I am now entering the real life! It is a point in which it is only me and myself who is responsible for every decision that will open the future doors for us. One thing I learn is that sometimes we have to give up to our foolish idealism. Being idealistic is great, but sometimes you need to be realistic. I had one idealism i.e. I will never work in Jakarta. But now, I am taking back all of those words since I am working in Jakarta starting by January 2012.
From airfrance447.com

Why do I betray my idealism? Well it is because if I stuck to it, I will only end up of being nothing. In my hometown, there is not much to offer. Since I am not a person who has passionate in entrepreneurs so I said "I'm done in Solo". So then, I made up my mind in applying the Jakarta Post and ending up to this point, becoming a reporter candidate :). I will compete with others in a year so I hope I can make it through.

In the selection process, I had an amazing experience i.e. being interviewed by the Jakarta Post's Chief Editor! It was like a life and death interview if I recalled those memories. He was so smart! One of the smartest human I ever had conversation with. His questions were so critical and sharp that made me speechless and blank and even, to the point of depressed. Well, I was up to 'whatever happens happens' belief... but then, Praise Allah ... I got a call that I made it through. It was a splendid memory. I hope I can make it in this Jungle :)

This is my theme song for now :) Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

kelly clarcson-breakaway

Powered by mp3skull.com

1. Loosing One Dear Friend ~ Funeral ~ Goodbyes


And here is the number one moment in 2011. It is the sudden death of my dear friend, Tri Wulandari Sidjabat. It was at noon on Monday, August 15, 2011 when I received the call from my junior saying that she lost her life in a traffic accident. It was so unbearable since I just texted her 2 hours before the accident happened. I never knew that I would loose her this fast. She was always there both as a friend and a rival. She was my dearest rival. It's almost five months since she has been gone. It's been quite around without her. But, I guess I am done with the mourning as I know that she rests peacefully now. Goodbye wul ... You will live forever in my mind. Thanks for being my friend.

Well that was my story this year... how's yours?


Comments

  1. i like kaleidoscope. and i like reading this one.
    really nice kaleidoscope Riz..
    so many unforgettable moments in your life. :)
    sad, happy, thrilling, and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho ho thx u pondraa ... that's very kind of you :) And yes, this year is so unforgettable ... a year with many highest peak of joy and the deepest abyss of sorrow hahaha lebay :) but yes it is indeed dah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Bad Reviews Don’t Stop Me from Watching X-Men: Apocalypse

Movie Review | Stream of Tears in Wedding Dress

Kung Fu Panda 2 | Movie Review